I will always have a home

Today in my prayer time, I asked God to speak what He wanted to say to me, and immediately He said "You will always have a home" and then I saw a Chalet surrounded by thick very tall Pines. 

Ever since I was in high school and was given the assignment to ask my parents what their home cost, what their mortgage was and then their payments and how many years they would be paying, and what the home would cost when they had it paid off. My goal was to save to pay cash for a home. When I did that assignment my parent's home cost $19,000 but by the time they paid it off it would cost them and I forgot the exact amount, but it was close to 10 times more than it costs if they were to have bought it straight up. Most people can't afford a home and are sucked into all those years of paying a mortgage. I was not going to ever do that. I would rent and live below my means until I could afford to buy one straight up. And eventually, I was able to do just that. I was proud to have bought a home straight up. 

We are all given today, for tomorrow has not come. I have to admit that I would never want to ever be in the position to be homeless. And maybe why God assured me today, that no matter what comes my way. I will never be homeless and I will always have my own home. That is comforting to know.

Example of the Chalet I saw in my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment